The Elba Twp. Fire Dept. was formed in July 1956 and has served the community with "Pride and Dedication" since it's creation. We are very proud of our 50+ years of service. Elba Township Fire Department maintains two fire stations.
- Each Station is manned by 20 dedicated "Paid Call " Firefighters.
- Station 1 is located at 1811 Hadley Road and is the original Elba Township Fire station.
- Station 2 is located at 5613 Davison Road. It was opened in 1968 at 5148 Davison Road and then moved to its present location in 1974.
- Elba Township Fire Department maintains a training facility in the old Township Hall, located at 1789 Hadley Road.
- Elba Township has a Tornado Siren warning system in place with 5 sirens placed within the Township. These sirens are radio activated in the event a Tornado Warning is issued for Elba Township.
- Elba Township Fire Department has a system of 15 Dry Hydrants in place, you will notice these as "Pipes" coming out of pond's, lake's, river's or underground tanks. These are used as a year round water source in the event of a fire in the area.
- Elba Township Fire Department responds to an average of 115 calls per year.
Our fire apparatus are comprised of:
- Two Front Line Engines
- One Reserve Engine
- Two Tankers
- One Heavy Rescue Truck
- One Grass Fire Truck
- One "Special Operations/HazMat Response" van
- One Utility Pick Up (light truck/snow plow)
Elba Twp. Fire Dept. provides the following services:
- Fire Suppression (All Types)
- Rescue (Vehicle Accidents-Jaws of life)
- Confined Space Rescue
- Ice Rescue
- Hazardous Material Incident Response
- Mutual Aid to other Agencies
- Public Service Calls (Gas Leaks, Wires Down, Storm Warnings, etc.)
Being a firefighter is very rewarding and if you are interested in becoming a part of the Elba Township. Fire Department, please contact any member or officer. For further information, please contact Fire Chief Mike Burke at: 810-664-4045 (Home) or 810-614-9917 (Cell).